Wednesday 9 April 2014

Day Nine, April Ninth

Gherkins pickles. I am astounded by the number of people who are willing to eat these vomit-inducing, inedible things. Before I ever tried one, I had no idea that a simple cucumber could taste so bad, but I was surprised by that what I had deemed impossible was so common, and even popular. As far as my research says, they undergo a very similar process to normal pickles, which leads me to wonder what goes on, because they are on opposite ends of the tastiness spectrum. What is even worse is that often, you are served them at restaurants on the side, and you expect a normal pickle. After you take the first bite, the rest of your meal will inevitably be plagued with the gross aftertaste. Restaurants lose my business if they make this simple, yet powerful mistake. If you have never tried one, save yourself the misery and stay clear for the rest of your life.

1 comment: